About Me

My photo
Antwerpen, Belgium
I'm a New Zealander living in Belgium for 6 months

Friday, March 19, 2010

Random Friday

19 march 2010

So its officially been 1 month since I arrived in Belgium. Doesn't feel very long but then I guess it isn't really when you put it in perspective. I've actually eaten breakfast today for a change, so I'll keep you updated on just how spritely that makes me. Excited? Me neither.

Man I slept well last night. Wish I was still in bed, but then, don't we all? It feels like my brain is being sucked out the back of my head. Not in a painful way. I'd say more uncomfortable then anything else. After work yesterday I went and brought the last 2 David Eddings books from the Elenian trilogy. The problem with long train rides, is that just on the way home I killed nearly 60 pages. Plus when I got home I had some spare time alone before the guys arrived. By the end of the night I had clocked about 120 pages. Which is an issue really because these books aren't all that long and I don't really want to have a library by the time I go home. As it is I think I'm going to have to give some books away when I go. But plenty of time to ponder upon that I supppose.

Today is Onur's birthday, so the same four from last fri are going to see if he wants to go out tonight. I'm actually really keen to chill out at a bar for a bit, grab a meal and call it a night, but I suspect I'm the only one. I will probably call on the services of Red Bull yet again. And like the phoenix I shall rise from the ashes... metaphorically speaking of course. Physically speaking I'll probably experience a mild placebo effect and feel marginally more awake. But such is life eh.

In fact I think that probably sums up quite a lot of todays commercial products, anti-aging creams and that type of stuff. PLACEBO. We all so desperately want these various products to work so in our quest for more energy, eternal youth and the chamber of secrets that our brains have a certain tendancy to... well... lie. They can be very convincing as well. Still, its a little twisted don't you think? Having said that, many people who know the above, including myself, continue to but these products. I guess sometimes a placebo effect is better than no effect at all.

Was just reading this article on Nkosi Johnson (for those of you who don't know who he is, check it out here http://www.myhero.com/go/hero.asp?hero=nkosi it should give a fairly good idea). I remember him being on the news a lot when I was still in South Africa. I knew what he was all about but I guess the gravity of it doesn't always sink in that much until later on.

Work is nearly over now (I also do other things - I just come back to the blog in between stuff)
The computer is dying right now so I'm going to sign off before it drives me crazy.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment