About Me

My photo
Antwerpen, Belgium
I'm a New Zealander living in Belgium for 6 months

Friday, August 6, 2010

The final post, many thank yous and way to many bloody farewells,

A big shout out. 
The crew at STAMP media (past and present)
Today is my last day at STAMP Media. After being here for 6 months, saying goodbye is pretty tough. Spending so much time with the same group of people means you get close. Which definately makes this harder. So thanks a lot you dicks :p Really not looking forward to the end of the day. Tears will be spilt. Certainly a few of mine. And if the others don't get all teary.. well I have ways of making people cry... so let that be a warning to all you wannabe tough guys here. Its difficult to get across how grateful I am for everything you guys have done for me so all I can really say here is, thanks for making this experience a pretty damn awesome one.


Dirk and Terry
Also want to say a very big thank you to you guys for making this experience really great, I feel very lucky to have gotten you guys as host parents and also a big thanks for having me live in your house for 6 months - I know its never easy having someone come in and disrupt the daily rythm of life but thanks for doing it anyway :)


I've said this before and I'll say it again, but I really think its the people, not the place that makes an experience like this so incredible and I've been incredibly lucky with that so again, thanks everyone so much.

Anti-emotion
Right. Not tearing up. Manly thoughts.. Lions and fast cars and violent films. Growling. Beating my chest and howling out to the great beyond. Eating bloody steak. Killing a bear with my hands. Punching a shark in the face. Ok I'm done.

Winding down
This is not only my last day at STAMP Media but also my last full day in Belgium. I leave tomorrow at 17.30 (thats 3.30am NZ time on sunday morning). My flying time adds up to about 24 hours but with transit times included it adds up to a 30 hour bloody process. Bring on the pain.

I'm afraid there's not much else to say at this point in time - gotta embrace the final day right.

Final Belgium Post
Regardless this will be my final post from Belgium. I hope to continue my little blogging affair in a bit - not sure if it'll be on this blog, but I'll change the name to something more appropriate after my hiatus.

Cheers guys, thanks for reading, wouldn't have kept on going if you didn't :) (if only you'd known that stopping reading would stop me right?!)

P.S. Gonna be kinda strange not doing this every few days or so.. kinda become a big part of my life.. Hopefully I'll be back soon though,
cheers again,
This is the Belgiumcorrespondent signing out.

5 comments:

  1. The pleasure was ours to have you in our home James. You're a great guy. It will be weird without you. So weird that we need to move to another house to make it bearable. (I first wrote barable, which would be a convenient word as well).

    Ok, maybe that's a bit over the top, but still, it will get a lot more quite in the house without your enthousiastic talking. We will miss that.

    But this is not the place to say goodbye. It's more than 24h too soon anyway. Let's keep that for the airport.

    Cheers,

    Dirk

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had fun corrupting you James (apologies to all of james' friends in new zealand for the state his coming back). But besides the few pounds and the dying liver, i think you've learned a lot and I'm sure you'll take that with you.

    I would say enjoy the trip, but lets be honest its gonna be shit!

    So thanks from all us crazy fuckers here at stampmedia and we'll catch you on the flip side!

    Bert (Mr Cock)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies? Dear god, there's no way he can be coming back worse than what he was D=

    Also, every couple of days? Try once a week, if I'm lucky. And I still say the title should've been "James: The Belgian Sage". TALK TO ME NEXT TIME.

    Well, I don't know what I'm going to do anymore... I mean, this was my reading material when I got super bored. What am I meant to do now when the hours of the morning wear on? I know what you're thinking James. Stop it.

    So, I've enjoyed reading this blog. It's been my way of keeping in touch with your sweet, golden locks. I shall be seeing you again when the 20/21st hits! So, until then!

    NEW COMIC: http://xkcd.com/209/

    Your Favourite Aussie

    Signing off for the last time! *Sheds tear*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dirk's right (for a change) and we gonna miss you a lot, James!

    To end on a musical note, I'll just use what turns out to be the words of 5 crappy singers:

    "Gooooodbyyye my friend, it's NOOOOOT the end",
    "So glad we made it, time will never never change it, no no no"

    hehe...
    Cheers!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny I discover this blog now that you're already gone... By the way, since my English isn't as good as my Dutch, ik zal u maar in het Nederlands schrijven hé! Of ben je dat beetje al vergeten? Anyway, just wanted to say hi! I've read some pieces you wrote for Stamp Media (that's how I discovered this blog), you're a good writer! Hope to read more from you on this blog! How is life going back home? Are you adapting well? Greets! Fie

    ReplyDelete