About Me

My photo
Antwerpen, Belgium
I'm a New Zealander living in Belgium for 6 months

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hair, dying chickens, women and home sweet home

3 August 2010
Headless chickens
So its getting pretty close to leaving time now and things are fairly hectic. There's so much last minute stuff to do (as predicted) so its gonna be alittle frantic. Lots of goodbyes and rushing off to see people as much as possible and prowling the souvenir shops looking for anything that weighs under 5 bloody kilograms. Oh and packing. Well actually washing cause as I'm sure one can imagine (for anyone that knows me) I don't exactly get on top of my ever-increasing pile of dirty clothes. Nor do I wash them very often. Its funny cause I have a washing basket but a lot of my clothes get put in strategic positions around my room, just in case i get really desperate for a shirt or something - that way it isn't bogged down with the musk of other clothing in the washing basket. Just its own musk. Which I then proceed to bath in deodourant.

Why I am divulging these intimate secrets you may ask? No reason really. I'm just funny like that. Apparently.

Women
What is it with women and buying shoes that are uncomfortable? I mean honestly, buy some comfortable shoes - why buy the crappy ones if you can't walk in them to begin with? And if you really feel its worth the sacrifice to wear them despite the apparently agonising pain your going through every bleeding second, then don't go on about it all the time.  I mean, don't put me through that pain just because you desired shoes which one might think has barbed wire in them.

A note on hypocrisy
I would like to note that I realise I'm hypocritcal in many, many ways so don't expect me to use the same logic when it comes to myself, on some, non-shoe related matter. 

Hair
So Bert just cut my hair again. its considerably shorter but pretty good I reckon. The only problem with having a shorter cut for me is that I've put on a fair amount of weight here in Belgium, so I kinda look like a hampster. That said, its a hampster with damn nice feathered hair. The texture is amazing. And thats sober. Nevertheless I am somewhat streamlined. I'm sure there's a blonde joke in there somewhere - something about a blonde getting a hair cut so its more aerodynamic thus the plane flies her home faster. Or something. Adjustments definately required before I release that joke into the wild. Maybe I'll try get a sense of humour first.


HOME
If you've read this far (or luckily scrolled down to this point, skipping all my hard work), then you get to find out when I get home. I leave Belgium at about 17.00 on sat, and arrive in Auckland airport at about 11.00 Monday morning. Quite a bloody process isn't it? I'm guessing most of you back home will be working or at university at that moment so I'll have family time until later that day. Well. that night probably. Visitation rights start the next day I think. You can fight my mom on that if you want but my money's on her to be honest. Yes even Craig.

Man i just fully tripped out on Craigs name. It was like I was seeing it in a completely new way. You all know what I'm talking about right? right????

Will try for one last entry before I return to Middle Earth, so until then,

farewell my colourful infants
XOXOXOXO

11 comments:

  1. You have put on some weight? Wow, I always thought only girls would do... But anyways, so glad to hear that ;-)

    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still sure that you will get that tattoo before going back home? You will need to hurry for that as well, time ís running short now.

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The texture is amazing. And thats sober." I MUST TRY THIS.

    And my visitation time is... 21st of August. Depending on what time I get back on the 20th, it might be the 20th. Hell, I could ditch a party and just hang out at your house again. Yeah, that happened last holidays... went to go to Isaac's, stopped in your house. Talked to your parents and sister till midnight. It was insane. EXPECT VISIT.

    So yeah, I'm back on the 20th. The rest don't get off till the 30th. So we have all that time together =D Movies? I'm going to attach like a leech. Fire won't get me off, since I'm a pyromaniac.

    I'd have money on your mum too. Hands down. Craig's muscles have gotten smaller since you've left. They're all soft, too. He's practically tiny. I think shoalin's stealing his strength and given it to Fergus. Though Fergus is still a skinny little bum =P

    AND THE WOMAN BITCH ABOUT THEIR FEET WAY TOO MUCH. I went shoe shopping with three girls (I needed food, they were going to Pack 'n' Save next. LEGITIMATE REASON!) and some of the things were ridiculous. But another thing... they go out on town, wearing next to nothing, and bitch about how cold they are. WEAR SOME FUCKING CLOTHES OR STAY IN THE KITCHEN.

    NEW COMIC (possibly last one D=): http://xkcd.com/773/ <--- You'll be needing to know this.

    Your Favourite Aussie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Aussie my friend hate to shoot down your monopolising plans but i too finish on the 20th.

    hmm fire won't work huh.... James i reckon its time we bought that heron mark sword that ought to do it just fine.

    lol on an unintentional pun joke, if you were a true pyromaniac aussie fire would get you off. full blown pyromaniacs have a sexual component

    in any case can't wait to see you man.

    Your friend,
    Matrim Cauthon

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have obviously not seen me in chemistry class, Matt.

    Your Favourite Aussie

    ReplyDelete
  6. James the hampster (I would say blond guinea pig) is my gift to all you people on the other side... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I... I thank you, from the deepest reaches of my heart. One cannot express how happy I am to see the James as a Hamster/Guinea pig... again, thank you!

    Your Favourite Aussie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaah the image of Michael going shoe shopping with three girls makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you know how fucking awkward it was? Here's me, in the shoe shop with jandels on going "WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING HERE?!?!" Worst of all I was in the women's isle D= It was freaken horrible. Then they were all like "Oh, lets find Michael a par to wear!".

    As soon as I heard that, I actually said fuck that, walked around the corner to a bar and bought a beer. That's where they found me.

    James, let this be a lesson to you. Don't. Do. Shoe. Shopping.

    Your Favourite Aussie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Nice Blog!!
    Are you looking for financial services at your doorstep? Roinet’s business correspondent services allow you to enjoy all the financial services at your doorstep in rural and unbanked areas.

    ReplyDelete