About Me

My photo
Antwerpen, Belgium
I'm a New Zealander living in Belgium for 6 months

Friday, February 26, 2010

First friday and tired as hell

26 Feb 2010
Right, so I didn't do anything majorly wrong with the train yesterday. Which was a pleasant surprise I felt. I left Antwerp a little later than usual because I went for a few drinks with the people from work and played a it of pool. Which was really good, a good way to to end the day. Also met a few other members of the crew which was nice, all cool people. When I got back I had a late dinner, checked my emails, then read longer than I meant to, resulting in me going to sleep at 12.30. Which is all good and well, but when you have to get up at 6 the next morning it can be a bit of a strain...

I got to work on time, 9.00, but then Stefan, Bert and myself went out for a cup of coffee. Now this may just be me, but I think that's a much better way to start the day than getting straight into work, so all in all, it's been a good day so far. Bert said I should go along with him to a party tonight but as sad as this sounds I think I might just go home and sleep - I'm so tired. Hmm sleeping in tomorrow sounds good... This is what my daily fantasies have bee reduced to.

I'm really enjoying Antwerp. Would be great to live here I think. Stefan just started playing the Racontuers on his laptop. So awesome. He also has Elbow. Such a good start to the day I'm starting to get nervous, I mean I'm waiting for something bad to happen to balance things out a bit. Oh well. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Right. Back to talking about Antwerp. The cobbled streets give it a lot of character. Gives it a semi-medieval feeling. Every now and then the bells or organs from the Cathedral chime in - in fact as I'm writing this they're going at it. I think it's every half hour.

Dirk and Terry are going into Antwerp tomorrow for massages or something, so I may tag along just to hang in the city. Maybe I'll meet up with someone. We shall see.

God I'm so tired my eyes are watering. I'm not being emotional I promise. I mean me, emotional? Let's not be ridiculous here.... *cough cough*

I should really start making my own lunch and bringing it to work. I'll try start that next week. Just from a cost perspective. Although it is nice to go out for lunch to get outside for a bit, even if it is raining most of the time.

I'm going to try find a topic to write an article about now. Until next time minions.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment