About Me

My photo
Antwerpen, Belgium
I'm a New Zealander living in Belgium for 6 months

Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend

1 March 2010
The weekend was great. So much for an early night on fri though. Ended up going for a few drinks with the workmates. Met another of Dirks friends - Daan. The three of us ended up going to an Irish bar and playing some pool plus some more drinks which was good. Eventually we went back to Berts and watched some stuff on the tv - Black Books plus some others. Got up late the next day and slowly made my way back home. Onur (one of the volunteers from the dutch group) wanted to go out that evening but i decided not to because for me it would have meant a 3 hour train ride and only getting there around 10/11 at night. Considering how tired I was from the previous night I thought against it. Would've been good to go though...

So I just relaxed at home that night. Dirk and Terry were out so it was just me. Which sounds pretty depressing but it was ok - been so busy lately I don't really have much time to just relax, so it was good. Mom and Dad called for about 2 hours, was really good talking to them and I talked far too much as usual.

Sunday went pretty quickly. May have had something to do with me getting up at 1 in the afternoon... Meant to get all this stuff done but didn't actually do very much - needed to get some things from the shops but forgot everything closes really early on Sundays. So that plan was thwarted. Did get some washing done though. Hooray for for everyday mundane tasks! Terry left for Portugal late that afternoon. Dirk and myself will be leaving for Portugal on thurs after work and getting back sun evening I would tentatively guess (you can tell I'm a great one for remembering these kinds of things...).

Anyway, Dirk and I got chips for dinner and watched Snatch. It was good but I think I still prefer Lock Stock and 2 Smoking barrels. Finished my book the other day. Which sucks. I require another. Just another thing to add to the list of things to do. No idea what I'll get. hmmm....

So here I am, monday morning. No monday is a good monday. That should be put on some kind of family coat of arms. Maybe I'll have some made at some point... It'll have an overzealously loud rooster (is there any other kind??) getting pummelled by a grumpy bear. My motto written underneath. I could become a pioneer in mildly sadistic, semi-satirical coats of arms.

But I digress. Not that I was really saying anything before, it was more of a general digression away from anything....normal. Don't really know what today holds apart from work etc. As with most things, only time will tell.

Really looking forward to seeing my bed again though. We've become pretty close lately.

I should go look for more things to write about so,
bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment