About Me

My photo
Antwerpen, Belgium
I'm a New Zealander living in Belgium for 6 months

Friday, March 12, 2010

FRIDAY!

12 march 2010

Firstly, Grace, if you ever read this, then Happy Birthday!

Ok, so everything I said in my last post about that party, forget it. It's not that it got cancelled or anything like that, I just managed to get most of the details wrong. Only the unimportant details though. Like the date etc. However, I am supposed to be going to a party tonight with Onur, Valerie and Monica. Which should be good. Was feeling a little sick yesterday so hopefully it all works out. Feeling a lot better today though. The party is in Antwerpen, so we're staying at a hostel afterwards to make things easier.

I think if I ever really get the hang of Dutch I'm not going to tell anyone at work. That way they can talk and talk and I'll learn all their secrets. Yeah, thats my grand plan. All I need to do now is learn Dutch....

Really glad I got an i-pod for this trip. Was listening to Vampire Weekend on the way to work, followed by a Perfect Circle. I keep coming up with strange combinations of music but I guess I like the variety. You know, the spice of life and all that.

*yawn*

Looks like everyone in the office went out last night. Some of them are a little manic still... you all know who I'm talking about :p Seem to be in that frenzied state of being completely overtired. It certainly makes work a little.. um... spicey??

I think I'm going to be in need of some serious amounts of caffeine before tonight. Red Bull here I come. Maybe I'll throw some coffee in there as well... you know spice of life ok shut up james.

ITS FRIDAY!!! Always something to be thankful for I guess. On Wed after Dutch we inevitably found a bar - Delirium- over 2000 kinds of beer available there at any given time, and in fact holds the world record for that. Which is AWESOME! My god. Plus it's actually one of the nicer bars I've been to - its decorated with loads of the different beer labels and beer trays. The music was pretty good as well - I mean there were a few blunders but nothing bad enough to spoil it. Not even close. To be honest I'm not sure if highly concentrated amounts of really bad music played for sustained periods of time would stop me going there. I mean it would be offputting sure, but its hard to argue with over 2000 beers. Although if I ever find myself doing so I think its a sure sign to stop drinking.

Dammit all my yawning is making me tear up and now it looks like I've got emotiolitis. Which is a problem because that kinda thing is contagious. I mean I don't want people avoiding me because of a disease I don't actually have. I want people to avoid me for good solid reasons. Like bad body odour, a scary look on my face, a disease I do have. Just to clarify, I don't actually have a disease, just trying to illustrate a point. So calm down already.

I'm pretty much ready for lunch now. It's only 11.20 as I'm writing this but I never have breakfast so I'm a little hungry.

Just went with Emi to get some food. It's Emi's last day so she bought a weird S&M kinda magazine for the office. Yeah, it made the afternoon somewhat different...

Ahh but the day is getting on and I should occupy myself with other things so fare thee well fair creatures. I shall speak to thee once more (at great length no doubt) at a later date

No comments:

Post a Comment