About Me

My photo
Antwerpen, Belgium
I'm a New Zealander living in Belgium for 6 months

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Just a regular tues...

2 march 2010

Right. So as if to confirm what I said yesterday about not knowing much about my travel plans to Portugal turns out I leave on thurs but get back on mon... Ahhh that was a weight off my chest. Going to bed at 1 and getting up at 6 is a bad idea for anyone who's interested. But then most people could tell you that... It just takes someone like me a little longer to cotton on. Been in a zombified state all morning. Really keen on falling asleep on my desk right now. Probably won't make the best impression, you know, being at work and all.

The last 2 days have been a little colder - Dirk said it was about -3 degrees C at night. I mean it's been a lot worse here and elsewhere in Europe but it's still pretty cold for my sensitive NZ skin. I'm sure that after a certain point the actual amount of degrees below 0 become inconsequencial - surely you just become freezing and kinda numbed??

Last night Dirk starting putting post-it notes on everything. He wrote the Dutch words for the objects on them in the hope that I'll take something in. Hopefully I will. Which reminds me. Dutch tomorrow. *groan* (and not the good kind)

On the upside I'll hopefully be able to have some drinks with the other volunteers afterwards... Just got to get through 3 hours of pain first... Optimistic I know.

Yesterday I stumbled across the idea of writing about one of the charity organisations in Cambodia. The fact that I've actually been there and worked with the company definately helps. Only problem is remaining objective I guess. Which will probably be a little tricky, but I'll see what I can do. Either way it's good because its really interesting to write about.

Computers are a little slower than usual, which is strange. Things could be worse. I could be DEAD! Or you know... have a cold or something. Either of which would be downright unpleasant.

Speaking of colds, I'm freezing. And that's inside in a heated area with 3 layers on including a jersey and jacket. Hope I'm not getting sick (Mom I can almost hear your concern from here hehe).

Cool so we're ordering pizza for lunch. Which is good because I'm starving. Apparently it could be up to an hour wait :-( Can't wait. The anticipation is killing me. Doctors would probably tell me it was actually the hunger. But I know it's the anticipation. My tombestone will read "James Anderson: He was a talkitive man .Tragically undone by Anticipation." Much better than saying I starved to death. Has a bit of mystery/raw weirdness in it.

Yup. Good good. Spiffing. Ok goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment