About Me

My photo
Antwerpen, Belgium
I'm a New Zealander living in Belgium for 6 months

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Going to Portugal

4 march 2010
Dutch wasn't too bad yesterday surprisingly. Afterwards most of us met up with the counselors and we went on an hour tour of brussels. Which was good, but really cold. Valerie, Monica, Stephanie and myself split from the group to get some fattening (but highly satisfying) food. Which meant the four of us had to wonder around a bit until we found things. Eventually, we got our greasy burgers. Which were tasty but way to small. On the train back from Brussels this guy started talking to Valerie and me. Yeah... he was definately on something. I think quote of the night was "I wanna be your facebook friend!" which he shouted as Valerie got off at her stop (well, the one after her stop, missed it the first time, which I can definately relate to).

Later on today I'm leaving for Portugal - straight from work, so I've got all my luggage here with me. Decided I would also utilise my computer at work by charging my i-pod on it. I get kind of nervous about that though, because I don't want it to sync as I'll lose all my music. Which would be a problem because it's all back home in NZ. Not really keen on the idea of losing all my music for 6 months... Anyway the reason it scares me is because hen you connect it, i tunes opens. Which is fine, I can deal with that, close it or whatever. But this message comes up and I can't close i-tines unless I deal with it. Which is all good and well you might think, except the message is in French. I really don't want to risk my music collection on my French. Because its really not a good bet to make. Anyway I figured it wouldn't do anything unless I chose an option, so I took the third, unwritten option. I went back to the Firefox browser and ignored the message. Seems to be working. One more thing, why, in Gods name, have they set the i-pod to say "synchronising" when its not??? Quite frankly, it scares the hell out of me. I suspect that they're bluffing to lull me into a false sense of security, then one day, BLAM! music library sychronised. It will be a grim day indeed. I've heard it whispered its an omen of Armageddon. Or at least something of quasi apocolyptic proportions.

The temperature in Portugal is around 15degrees C apparently. Which is an improvement -Bert reckons the temperature is more like 6 degrees C here. I try make a point of walking in the sun when I can, but the sun is so impotent it barely makes a difference.

Considering my imminent departure to Portugal, I probably won't be able to write in this blog for a while - will definately be back on tues (9 march) though. So you guys are lucky enough not to feel obliged reading any of this stuff til then.

ok I'm off now, about to leave,
cheers

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Jimbo, Just love reading your blog! You, young man, need to seriously consider writing a book of some sorts. You have a natural talent. Good job. Keep them coming. Love you...................Mwah!

    ReplyDelete