About Me

My photo
Antwerpen, Belgium
I'm a New Zealander living in Belgium for 6 months

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Update on Return to NZ

28 July 2010

This is kinda an in between post so I aplogise in advance

Update on the return to New Zealand
This is an update mainly for people back home in NZ who may or may not be wondering when I'm returning to tend to my sheep. (I mean that in a "I'm going back to NZ" kinda way not in a "I'm Jesus" kinda way, just in case you mistake that for sheer arrogance...). The short story is that it comes down to visas. If I get my British visa within the next week or so then I'll be gone for a further 3 months and come back near the end of October. However, if I don't get my visa very soon I will be on a flight to NZ on the 7th of Aug. Which is obviously pretty soon. Bit strange I know - 2 weeks or 3 months 'til I get back, but that's the current situation. Will keep you all up-to-date on that situation. I really wish I knew which it's going to be either way, cause its really frustrating.


Emotional crap
Regardless of where I end up in the imminent future, I am coming to the end of my stay here in Belgium. This of course comes with its own mix of emotions. Sad that I'm leaving, happy that I'll be seeing family again (in Eng or NZ), happy cause I might be seeing NZ friends pretty soon, sad cause I'm leaving all my Belgian friends and Dirk and Terry... So its difficult to know what to think a lot of the time. I try to negate this by not thinking much. I know a lot of you would have some smart comments to make there so go for it :p


Thanks
Thanks for actually reading the last two posts by the way, I know they were complete bull, but I was bored. Thats more or less my only excuse. That and perhaps being a little strange but I think its fair to say I can blame/thank my family for that.


Future and stuff...
So after all of this I'm still keen to go into journalism - not sure exactly in what capacity, but I would definately like to do something writing related. So thanks to all the Stamp Media crew, it wouldn't have been the same without you guys - and I mean that in a good way :)


Back to the usual complaints
Tired.....
Public transport...........
.........people in general.
(in that order)

On the bright side... LUNCH! :D


This particular post is pretty disjointed and not very exciting - I consider it to be fairly representative of my mental state right now so deal with it.. Until the next post anyway.

6 comments:

  1. Well, what the fuck. Just bring your Belgium mates back with you. They can live in my spare bedroom and in Fergus' house. It would fill up the space better than he does.'

    And I waited like, a week and a half for this?!?! I DEMAND EXCITEMENT IN YOUR BLOGS! I need something to make up for my highly un-entertaining life in Palmy. Because, lets be honest, this is the shithole of the North Island. MAKE MY LIFE MORE INTERESTING.

    And you should come back October. I come back November. It's meant to be. DO IT NOW. Otherwise I'll totally have to come back for my mid-semester break. And I don't feel like 20+ hours of train/bus trips. Yes, I'm willing to spend 20+ hours in a bus/train with strangers that generally piss me off for you. Deal with it.

    inb4 "you don't think, period' comments by Aussie. Oh, wait... that's me.

    YOU NEVER THINK, IDIOTA!

    So, your parents told me you're planning on communications... well, I laugh. You're the butt of every joke at university. 'LAWLS, COMMUNICATIONS IS THE ARSE PAPER. NO ONE CARES ABOUT IT. LAWLS.". Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

    NEW COMIC: http://xkcd.com/770/

    Your Favourite Aussie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moar to teh point jamesy

    is if you come bact the 7th you can come to my first GIG :D :D :D on the 27th :P we are all missing you bro, looking fwd to your return

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, we all want October, Andrew. Stop being greedy, man.

    Your Favourite Aussie

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, you can't come back on the 7th, cos I'm having my 16th, and Maxine's gonna be all like "ohh no I'm going to spend time with James blah blah blah." and act like she hasn't seen you in like... MONTHS or something and not come over. So come back on the sixth. Or whenever. But before the 27th, so you can go to that person's gig.
    -Jess
    OR you could go to England, as first planned. Your choice mate, you know. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know i'm gunna have to agree with aussie on this one my friend. don't get me wrong, if it turns out that you do end up coming back on the seventh its not like im gunna be disappointed ;-p lol that being said i really think that the rest of this trip would be amazing and so worth while so i really hope you get to do all that man.

    Looking forward to your return whenever it may be,

    Matrim Cauthon

    oh PS. i get the general grievances, today is thursday and that means i have to get up at 7, walk all the way across campus for a tutorial where they mark the work i've already done and then let me leave so thats rather tiring. i don't have a problem with public transport but hamilton drivers...lets just say they should have to take mandatory tests each year in order to make things safer and better. and people in general well im kinda meh on them not one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you completely miss why I was saying James should stay. Not because England would be awesome, but because I don't feel like spending 20+ hours in a bus.

    You're not meant to be agreeing with me when I'm a dick D=

    Your Favourite Aussie

    ReplyDelete